Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chat about Softstone

iRant: long time no see, B!
babblingbrook: been busy. But I think u’ve been busier.
iRant: Yeah, probably! If only TAs got paid overtime….
babblingbrook: you’re lucky they pay you at all, peon. You know how much I get here at the theatre building? a big, shiny THANK YOU.
iRant: ur not at the theatre building, liar. I was just there looking for you. was going to take you out on a coffee break.
babblingbrook: So sweet! ok, so really I’m doing my costume work in an abandoned biology classroom. Someone’s going to wonder why there’s rickrack and thread all over his desk.
iRant: lol! did they kick you out or something?
babblingbrook: no – witness protection program
iRant: ???
babblingbrook: jk. I’m playing a game where a certain super who can turn rocks into playdough isn’t allowed to know my name.
iRant: :-/ I thought you were over your “anti-supers” thing
babblingbrook: oh, I am! That’s why it’s a game. I stand by what I said b4~ if softstone wants a decent introduction, he’s gonna have to put out first.
iRant: I get the feeling that won’t happen, Brook.
babblingbrook: Then he can keep calling me Titania. And since the play’s coming up in 2-ish weeks and I’m living and breathing last minute costume stuff, I don’t want some thinks-he’s-so-smart super poking his nose around my work and finding me.
iRant: :-) ur hilarious. U really think he’ll go looking for you?
babblingbrook: At this stage, yeah.
iRant: “this stage”?? what’s up?
babblingbrook: We’ve hung out a few times. On low-crime nights, you know? Walked around dinkytown together on the occasional Tuesday.
iRant: Really? well, well, well….
babblingbrook: shut up! KT teases me enough about it!
iRant: you told KT you’re hanging out with a super and you don’t tell me?
babblingbrook: …it’s kinda personal.
babblingbrook: like, girl talk personal.
iRant: is this something serious?
babblingbrook: no! totally not! It’s something fun. for now, at least.
babblingbrook: I mean, I don’t even know his name.
iRant: you know *A* name that he goes by. that’s pretty close. like a funny nickname.
babblingbrook: not the point. see—you’re no good for girl talk. cause ur a guy.
iRant: nice of you to notice. :-P
iRant: what if sst goes around the theatre asking questions about a cute, slightly evil 5’7” blonde?
babblingbrook: :-D then everyone in the building says ‘sorry, don’t have any clue who you mean’ just like they promised me they would.
iRant: Superpowers are overrated. I’ll bet you could beat half the supers out there in an unfair fight.
babblingbrook: that’s how I roll.
iRant: I’m looking forward to seeing your costumes. which characters should I be watching when I see the show?
babblingbrook: Most of the fairy court. funny, but not titania herself (helped design, didn’t make). most of the vests for the 3-piece suits. and I contributed to the bower.
iRant: good stuff. hey, I gotta go. talk to you later!
babblingbrook: later!


(Return to Deena's story.)

No comments:

Post a Comment